Online Dating Scammers: Useful Tips To Avoid Them
Some people consider mail order brides sites a scam and do not want to get involved with online dating, but some are ready to give any money just to find their love. Who is right? Well, we can’t say for sure, but you can keep yourself safe with online dating and make it as effective as possible.
When looking for a partner on any dating site, you should always consider that you can fall into the trap of online dating scams. However, this is not a big deal if you know well how to protect yourself. In this article, we will provide examples of dating sites scams and explain everything about online dating scammers.
Fraudulent and trusted mail order brides websites: How to spot them
It’s worth noting that legitimate and safe dating sites do exist. Unfortunately, there are also fraudulent mail order brides platforms. How can you tell them apart? Several factors are considered suspicious:
- Fake pictures of girls that can be found in a Google search
- Unfilled, half-empty profiles
- Lots of messages from incredible beauties in a short period of time
- Paid registration on the site
- Photos of different people in one profile
- Same messages sent by different women
- The lack of the ability to confirm the email address on the site
- Poor technical support
- Too many ads
If you see anything from the list, then this is a bad sign. Such mail order brides sites should be avoided—they will not bring you anything but disappointment.
Mail order bride scam: Examples
There are many types of mail order brides site scams. Let’s take a look at a few of the most common ones so that you can recognize a scammer if they contact you on the site.
Asking to buy a plane ticket
Very often, communication on the site turns into real meetings. You can chat with a girl online, and then she can ask you to buy her a plane ticket. In this case, it is better to ask the site administration to organize everything. Reliable platforms usually provide this service. If a scammer sits on the other side of the screen, she will quickly switch to another “victim” and stop communicating with you.
Health or money problems
Let’s say you met a charming girl online. She is intelligent, friendly, and outgoing. You like to communicate with her. But suddenly something happens to her or her loved ones: for example, she breaks her leg, or her mother urgently needs surgery. Of course, she may not ask you for money right away. But if you see that your pen partner is hinting that she needs a large amount of money, she is most likely a scammer.
Asking to buy something for her
If your pen pal asks you to buy something, be it a dress, a purse, or a bouquet of flowers, you need to be careful. Online dating scammers can link directly to some sites posing as popular online stores like Walmart or eBay and steal your credit card information. Therefore, never click on third-party links and be attentive to such suspicious requests.
Tips on how to avoid mail order brides site scams
In order for your online dating to be successful and not disappoint you, it is essential to follow these tips:
- Look for dating sites that have proven to be reliable. Read user reviews and learn as much as possible about the platform.
- Don’t rush to spend money on a girl. Chat with her for at least a month to understand that she is a real person and not a fraud. To do this, you can also use the services of telephone communication and video chat.
- Study the girls’ profiles carefully. If you see random Google photos used there (use image search), just leave the site.
- Pay attention to messages. They should be written by real people and not automatically generated.
There is a whole dating scammer list. This includes sites like J4L, EuroDate, BridgeOfLove, GoDateNow, and others. Therefore, you should always read the platform’s policies, real reviews, and truthful overviews.
To sum up
The online dating world is full of scammers who hide behind fake profiles of pretty girls. They talk to you a lot, trying to build your trust, develop online relationships quickly, and then ask you to provide them with financial help or buy something. Follow our advice and choose only trusted mail order brides websites—then your online dating will only bring you pleasure and positive vibes!